On August 3rd, 2013, World Cosplay Summit 2013 was being held at Oasis 21 in Nagoya, Japan. 40 representatives from 20 countries performed their cosplay performances in front of vast number of audience.
The performance must be based on Japanese manga, anime or video games. Each team was given 2 min 30 seconds. The five (5) judges gave the scores of each performance. Each judge was given 30 points: 10 points for performance, 15 points for costume, and 5 points for how their respect the original story.
In addition, Nico Nico Video was doing online popular votes for its awards. Online live stream viewers were able to participate to determine which team was the best.
Team Italy had won both Championship and Nico Nico Video popular votes.
World Cosplay Summit 2013 Results:
- The Winner - Italy
- 2nd - USA
- 3rd - Thailand
SPECIAL JURY AWARDS:
- Cyperius Award (Best Wig)
- Nico Nico Award (Online popular votes from live streaming viewers)
- Joysound Award (Best Sound Effects)
- Anistal Award (Best Performance)
- Brother Award (Best Costume)
[ View Gallery ]
Photos by Achim Runnebaum
- World Cosplay Summit 2013 Red Carpet
- World Cosplay Summit 2013 Osu Parade
- World Cosplay Summit 2012 Championship
- World Cosplay Summit 2011 Introduction
- World Cosplay Summit 2010 opened